Fw: CDF Update - Special Alert - 7-21-98

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:22:33 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: CDFupdate CDFupdate <CDFUPDATE@childrensdefense.org>
To: cdfupdate@automailer.com <cdfupdate@automailer.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 1998 7:13 PM
Subject: CDF Update - Special Alert - 7-21-98

Children's Defense Fund Update
July 21, 1998

SPECIAL CHILD CARE NOW! UPDATE

Subject line:  Please call Congress!

Reminder --
Join the National Call for Child Care and After-School Activities on
Wednesday, July 22nd.
Call 1-202-224-3121!

Ask everyone you know to call, too!  It's easy:
1.  Call the U.S. Congressional switchboard at 1-202-224-3121.
2.  Ask to be connected to your Senators and your Representative.
3.  Urge your Members to vote for a major increase in the Child Care and
Development Block Grant (CCDBG) to support quality child care and safe
after-school activities for children.

Your call makes a difference!  Please call and support quality child care
and safe after-school activities for children. Remind your Members that we
need action on child care this year!

Ask everyone you talk to today to call, too!

You've done a great job so far -- but we can't give up!  Call
1-202-224-3121 and ask to speak to your Members of Congress!

Believe it or not -- just when you think you can't stand to call again,
they finally start listening!  If you've never called before, here's your
chance!  Phone calls are logged by staff and the squeakiest wheels get the
grease!

Questions?  Call Brooke Thacher at
1-202-662-3557.

Please Note: There will not be a CDF Update on Friday, July 24th.  Please
look for the next issue on Friday, July 31st.

-- OUR STRENGTH IS IN OUR NUMBERS --
PLEASE FORWARD THIS LEGISLATIVE UPDATE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES!

Our typical e-mail is about a page or two long and is delivered once a
week. To join the CDF Update list,  sign-up on our Web site or send an
e-mail to: <Majordomo@automailer.com> and write in the body of the message:
subscribe cdfupdate <your e-mail address> PLEASE NOTE: WHEN SUBSCRIBING OR
UNSUBSCRIBING, DO NOT SURROUND YOUR ADDRESS WITH BRACKETS.

Liz Rochlen
Children's Defense Fund
25 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001