P.S. on the Homelessness article (fwd)

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:13:29 -0700 (PDT)

She is right, the time to strike is now.
Something needs to be done now..
Leslie.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:06:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Geneva Hagen <ws222@victoria.tc.ca>
To: Results Chat <results-canada@elycion.geology.ualberta.ca>
Cc: Leslie Schentag <wy497@victoria.tc.ca>
Subject: P.S. on the Homelessness article

The release of the latest UNICEF Progress of Nations report, with its grim
picture of street kids in Canada, is a grand opportunity for us to begin
to address at least one of our domestic poverty issues.

Those of you in other cities could copy the Homelessness article, along
with your own letter (or your own name to an adapted version of my letter)
to your own local media and politicians.

Victoria has the advantage here in the impeccable timing of the Monday
Magazine article listing the salary increases of the Bad Guys in our
municipal government, but every city probably has its own equivalent
examples of conspicuous waste in high places.

Go to it, guys!  The iron is hot!