SK-L: CANADA: Adolescent Homeless (fwd)

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:09:22 -0700 (PDT)

The story speaks for itself.
 I quite frankly am terribly disgusted with this country, the leaders, the
general population.
 I watch TV sometimes and every once in awhile I see these infomercials
about the poor starving kids in some South African Country. about how it
will take only $12.00 a month to feed, clothe, and house this poor child.
 But the next day, as I am walking down the street, I see a young boy or
girl sitting on the street begging for money, or other kids, taking
advantage of the lights to offer someone who has a dirty window, to clean
it and therefore make it safer for other drivers and pedestrians on the
street and then I see the reactions of of some of the drivers, yelling at
him, calling him a lousy no-good scumbag for wanting to clean his window
for a few coins he may have in his pocket.
 Chased away by the police, if caught, given a ticket. If the person can't
pay the ticket he's thrown in jail..for what....TRYING TO MAKE AN HONEST
LIVING...TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THEM AND WHAT DO YOU GET...????

SOMEONE THAT IS FILLED WITH SO MUCH HATRED ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS
!!!DESTROY!!!.. ANYTHING..EVERYTHING..

TAKE THE MONEY AND NO MORE OF THIS ASS-KISSING ASKING.. What does it get
you?? hassles.fines.beatings.jail

And yet these same people are the first ones to whine and snivel about how
the youth crime has risen and these kids are more violent.

Take a look around...maybe if you treated the children better..
They would also treat you better...(maybe..because it might just be too
late)
Leslie