Re: When the Homeless Use Humor to Fill Their Empty Cups (fwd)

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 06:40:15 PDT

Pat,

     I use to eat at St. Anthony's myself while homeless in San
Francisco during the summer of '97. I knew the Food Stamp cuts would
have a drastic impact on the thousands of homeless people all over San
Francisco and the rest of the Bay. Frankly, I'm glad some of the
panhandling homeless can still freely exhibit traits like humor, and
marketing (of themselves), despite the fact that their situations have
worsened. If I became homeless again today, I would not return to San
Francisco, simply because the Food Stamps are not readily available
anymore and I could not bear to stand in St. Anthony's or Glide's
feeding lines if they have now increased in length. 3,000 people served
by 1 organization who's serving hours are between 12:00 & 1:30 p.m. (if
they haven't changed) is ridiculous wouldn't you agree? Nuff Said!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homeless
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>