The Meaning of Capitalism (fwd)

P. Myers (
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 06:28:40 -0800 (PST)

patM  *8D
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:13:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The Meaning of Capitalism

a friend sent me this today - couldn't resist forwarding.  we DO have a sense
of humor, riiiiiiight??

>This little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is capitalism?"
>>      Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the
>>      breadwinner of the family, so let's call me Capitalism.  Your Mom,
>>      she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the
>>      Government.  We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you
>>      the People.  The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class.  And
>>      your baby brother, we'll call him the Future.  Now, think about that
>>      and see if that makes sense."
>>      So the the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has
>>      said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets
>>      up to check on him.  He finds that the baby has severely soiled his
>>      diaper.  So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his
>>      mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's
>>      room.  Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his
>>      father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed.
>>      The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I
>>      understand the concept now."
>>      The father says, "Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think
>>      it's all about".
>>      The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the
>>      Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being
>>      ignored and the Future is in Deep Shit."

If there is no passion,
there is no point.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to
and you have found out the exact measure of
injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them...
Frederick Douglass