NYHA et al: don't get rid of your doggie!

rosaphil (rugosa@interport.net)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:47:05 -0500 (EST)

if you have received a notice from the NYCHA or from your landlord, or you
live in govt-subsidized housing for the disabled or elderly, including
NY/NY housing or housing for people with mental illnesses or aids,
and you are told you have to get rid of your beastie to live there, there
is a remedy. Don't get rid of your animal or animals.

instead, call immediately, the Legal Action for Animals Legal clinic at
718 544-0605 and make an appointment to see a lawyer and start the hearing
process which can last for years at the end of which you will win.

NYCHA pretends they do not have to recognize federal disability laws.

the important thing to remember is that you do not have to kill fluffy to
keep your housing or even get rid of fluffy or scaley or bugsy etc.

call the Legal Action for Animals Legal Clinic instead. oftentimes they
will represent you for free (cuz your landlord or NYCHA will end up paying
them when NYCHA or your landlord loses and cuz even if not, they will rep
you for free or very cheap cuz there are animal lovers out there who do
support their work).

pass this on to all concerned. don't panic. keep your pets and fight the
powers that wanna-bee.

+********** Snail me yer rosehips if you liked this post! ************
*Better Living Thru Better Living!* http://www.interport.net/~rugosa *