Re: Speaking of sell outs & scabs

Judy Olsen (wholepie@speakeasy.org)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:31:26 -0800

This sounds correct to me.  Thanks Ronald.

I thought of an example this morning from the 1920s and 1930s in the U.S.
Communists were having no trouble organizing workers for unions.  I remember
seeing a film? video? on this, too.  Several people were being interviewed
(today) about the history of their unions.  Every single one of these elderly
people said something like this, "We didn't care if they were Communists or
not.  They were helping us to improve our lives."

I wish I could remember where I saw this.  I'm pretty sure it was on PBS
sometime in the last few years.

For the whole damn pie,
Judy
Seattle, WA