Re: Minorities more likely to do TIME

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:10:49 -0500

--------------1B8702B8AF103CF3243F493C

Mike Steindel wrote:

> I just saw this again...Whats the deal with all these studies that
> always come to the same conclusion. Instead of studying the problem
> why
> is it nothing is ever done to correct the wrong...It is wrong to treat
> drug use with JAIL...I think these things have been studied to death
> its
> time to learn from our studies....People without money go to JAIL. Non
> whites go to JAIL more often. Non whites without money always go to
> JAIL, Guilty or Innocent....Those are what the results of almost all
> the
> studies have always found...Lets stop funding the studies and change
> things for the better... Learn how you can register to vote... Go to
> www.fec.gov  because other than revolution "which is not gonna happen"
> its the best way to make a difference....Here is the study....

If voting is such a powerful tool for change, than how do you explain
the nightmare scenario brought about by better than 220 years of
'ballot-box democracy' where every four years you get to mark an 'x'
beside the name of the shyster/thief/mass killer/sexfiend/ego-freak of
your choice, but are legally deprived of _any_ control over their
actions for the ensuing four years?

If voting is so wonderful then howcum 'elected representatives' can
commit or oversee massive crimes against humanity for the entire length
of their mandate, yet face no penalty afterwards aside from possible
removal from office come the next ballot?

The ballot-box system was created not to foster citizen involvement in
decision-making, but as a deliberate means of _preventing_ it. As long
as people continue to buy this illusion of 'democracy':  and until
people wise up and reclaim their natural, inalienable right to forge
their own individual and collective destinies without having to rely on
some 'representative' with an agenda (whether elected or otherwise) then
none of us will be free.

Ditch the politicians! Take back your power!

Graeme Bacque
<http://webhome.idirect.com/~gbacque/gbacque.html>
+++ Fighting 'mad' and proud of it! +++