Re: request to use ADOPT slogan in HPN sig

Thomas Cagle (nh-adapt@juno.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:29:00 -0500

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:44:46 -0800 (PST) Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>
writes:
>Tom C, whoever developed the slogan has my thanks -- and my belated
request
>to reapply it to another exploited community via the HPN sig.  My
apologies
>for not asking for permission before; I'd forgotten the source. -- Tom
>
>"I reckon us folksingers is the stealingest folks I know".
>-- Woodie Guthrie, folksinger, IWW organizer, hobo
Good morning Tom Boland,

A truth, be it one that deserves an upper case or a lower case "T" don't
need permission to be used. Tom the use of that little slogan justifies
us both. And the truth contained in it will if spoken enough (I hope)
keep us both free. Heck get a big rubber-stamp and tag everything that
has a flat surface.

I did forward that note with "nothing about us, without us" tag on to
some other folks, not for the disapproval or review of those other folks,
but out of joy that those words have taken on a life of their own. Some
folks labored their whole life on disability civil rights issues--rarely
did the first generations get the validation you gave me. Thank you.

If it is a benediction you need, please Mr Boland go forth and multiply
that message!

ADAPT- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today!
Tom Cagle
nh-adapt@juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6482
ICQ 7555286
Visit Crip-Chat  http://members.xoom.com/Bunnygail/index.htm   8-9 PM
Eastern, for java capable computers

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]