Re: Convert military bases to housing for homeless people?

Judy Olsen (wholepie@speakeasy.org)
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 00:53:44 -0800

Seattle has a closed military base within our city limits.  Located on Lake
Washington, the Sand Point Naval Station was closed down some years ago.  As
far as I know, the City of Seattle owns it.  I know that at least two
non-profits tried to get the City to let them turn it into a community for the
homeless.  The neighbors shouted the plan down.

Obviously the asshole neighbors are more afraid of homeless people than they
are of hired killers and mass murderers.  It's been about four years since that
was shouted down.  I haven't heard anymore about it, so maybe its just
gathering dust.

Judy O