Re: Cardboard city residents get marching orders (fwd)

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:12:34 PST

Pat,

     I can't say that I don't know that feeling! Once, while homeless in
Phoenix, I camped out in Shopping Cart City (if you wanna call it that)
behind Andre House homeless resource center/ soup kitchen, and lo and
behold, I woke up one morning and all of Phoenix's finest were waking us
all up (and even busting a few of us paraphenailia carriers) to announce
that a bulldozer was on its way in 24 hours to remove all the shopping
carts that were arranged so homelike from the premises. It was awkward
for those who'd been at that camp for years, having to move all that
stuff. Some of the electrically "in the know" homeless persons in the
camp had even tapped the cable lines and hooked up TVs. and hot plates!
Reading this posting reminds me of the trials and tribulations of life
on the streets. Nuff said!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

TEDRICO'S PAGE