Re: cat people?

g. nelson (colleen@aa.net)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:56:04 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Bonnie Briggs wrote:

> Bonnie Briggs
> Hi all,
>   I'd like to know if any of you cat people out there has had the smae
> experience I had last night. I'm fostering two adult, male cats for a
> friend of mine. Last night, one of them, named Smokey, decided to chase
> his tail, just like a dog does. He did it while I was watching tv. He
> went around three times. That was funny. Later on, I went to bed. I was
> lying on my side in bed, trying to sleep, when Smokey jumped up on the
> bed, laid on my hand and started licking my hair, just like he would do
> to another cat! this went on for about 5 or 10 minutes, just constantly
> licking my hair. I didn't dare move until he was finihed. Eventually, he
> stopped and jumped off the bed. I have to tell you, it was a weird
> experience, but in a good way. I enjoyed it. I have never had a cat do
> that before. even the two cats my husband and I had once never did that.
> Is that a sign of ownership? Smokey is a very tactile cat, he loves to
> reach his paw out and touch me, every time he is near me. Has anyone
> else had that experience? I hope he does it again.
>   Well, that's it for now. I have to get back to more serious computer
> work now. Meow, baby!
> Bonnie
Hi Bonnie,
Meow to you too:)
Major cat person here.
My cats generally lick my feet, hair or hands. Max (my current cat)
started doing this when he was very tiny. I mean, I would wake up to find
him lying on my hair and giving it a bath.
Its grooming behavior, of course and is something that a cat will do to
show caring and acceptance. You are part of his pride. I always take it as
a high compliment. Smoky sounds like a very sweet cat:)
How's your winter up there?
Stay warm, dear and keep writing that poetry!
Love,
Gwen