Re: If you don't have a home you don't have an emergency ...

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:50:31 PST

Anitra,

     Seven months ago I was one of those statistics (55,000 homeless in
LA area).  I am glad I made it out of that madness alive with my senses
still intact.  However I feel for those who are still out there,
particularly now, with all of the down pour each day. I rember what is
was like to sleep in the rain, although I was always one for sleeping
under the I-5 (homeless in San Diego) or I-10 (homeless in LA) or I-280
(homelessin Frisco) underpasses when it rained. I am totally upset to
learn that Pete is favoring assistance of the 'homeless-homed' over the
'homeless-on-their-own', but not surprised at all, because having had a
lengthy California homeless experience under their ridiculous state and
city municiple laws, had I have still been there, I would have expected
to rely on myself instead of Pete Wilson and company during the trying
times of El Nino. No Mas!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

TEDRICO'S PAGE