Re: Rally for Mad-Housing!

Liberty (liberty@vaxxine.com)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 10:48:21 -0500

At 04:01 AM 14/02/98 +0000, Floribunda Rugosa wrote:

>Rally in Albany and urge Governor Pataki to negotiate a second New York/
>New York Agreement to create 10,000 units of housing for mentally-ill New
>Yorkers who are homeless or of housing for mentally-ill New Yorkers who are
>homeless or at risk of homelessness.

I don't see people with mental health needs requiring housing that is any
different than anybody else.  Personally, and I am speaking as someone who
has experienced bipolar affective disorder and the whole nine yards, all I
need is a roof over my head, a roof that doesn't leak, doors that lock and
a private, safe space to call my own.  Isn't that what everyone needs? And
the mental health system shouldn't have anything to do with it!

Lobbies such as this one is just another way for many of these social
workers that want to keep people dependent on them in a job.

I would probably lobby for more jobs and employment for people (especially
so-called "consumers"), and less money for people who want to get paid to
take care of us and make most of our decisions for us.

Respectfully,

Liberty
- liberty@vaxxine.com