Re: Big Deal Big Compromise

Virginia Sellner (wych@tcd.net)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:34:27 -0800

homeless@csf.colorado.edu, BigIssue, PaulCohen, TimHarris, JenniferW
>Bcc:
>
>First of all I want to say that I agree with Tim and Anitra and what they
have said about the Big Issue issue.

>However, this entire thing is beginning to be beyond belief OLD.
>
>The Big Issue came to LA at the invitation of some people in the LA area,
who apparently felt that there was/is a need for BI there as well as Making
Change.

>I am wondering why MC is spending so much energy attacking TBI instead of
going about the business of running their paper.

>Surely in a metro area of more than 8 million people there is room for more
than one publication, and an opportunity for people to make a choice about
which one (or both for that matter) they want to work with.

>A lot of negative energy spent calling people names is a waste of time.
>
>Why panic?  If you have a good paper, and it is supported by an aspect of
the millions in the LA area then it will continue, no matter who comes into
the city -- spend energies making a good paper, and giving people an
opportunity to express themselves and earn some money.

>Get about your business.
>
>Let BI and those that invited them to LA get about ehri business.
>
>All this arguing is not going to solve anything -- and all it is doing is
splitting NASNA and other groups.