Re: web pages by homeless people or others in poverty

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:03:56 PST

Kate,

     Here are a list of Homeless Web Site & Newspaper Links for your
poverty page.  As far as cooments on your site goes, it is informative
for the Toledo Area, but the load time on your soup kitchen photo page
is way to long.  Reduce the width= & height= image attributes by %75,
keeping the images width & height ratios intact, to get optimal load
time for that page.  Below this list, I have include the Anchor tags for
these links, so just cut and paste them into your document, and you are
good to go.  And although you are on CSF's discussion list, it wouldn't
hurt to consider joining the Homeless People's Network as well.  It is
informative and helpful to both current & former homeless people, and
people who have never been homeless but are in a position to help.
After all I am not on CSF's discussion list, but I still found your
request and assited you ... now didn't I! Be sure to visit my web site,
Tedrico's Page, for more enlightenment as to how your pages should load
& look, and what kind of content is relevant to a homelessness web site.

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.metrocity.net/Alternative/tedrico/homepage.html
Education, Shelter, and Food Assistance for the Homeless!
[mailto: tedrico@hotmail.com ]

Tedrico's Page: Homelessness, Hitchhiking, Pan Handling, & More!
                     Homeless People's Network Discussion List
                              Homelessness Resources
                          Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
                              Home for the Homeless
                          Internet Resources for the Homeless
                          54 Ways You can Help the Homeless
                                The Homeless Page
                         National Low Income Housing Coalition
                        The Sticky Wicket: Poverty's Home Page
                          International Homeless Discussion
                               List and Archives at CSF
                    The National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty
                          National Coalition for the Homeless
                         Great Speckled Bird Homeless Column
                    Spare Change: New England's Journal of the Streets
                             Street Sheet: Publication by
                        Coalition on Homelessness San Francisco
                              The Burnside Cadillac:
                          Portland's Homeless Newspaper
                       Real Change: Seattle's Homeless Newspaper

<B><A HREF="http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/">
Tedrico's Page: Homelessness, Hitchhiking, Pan Handling, & More!
</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/">
Homeless People's Network Discussion List</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://libertynet.org/~zelson/resource/home.html">
Homelessness Resources</A></B><br>

<b><a href="http://www.tcd.net/~wych">

<B><A HREF="http://www.opendoor.com/hfh/resources.html">
Home for the Homeless</A></B><br>

<b><a href="http://www.nortropic.com/lis341/jmontz/resource.htm">

<B><A HREF="http://www.earthsystems.org/ways">
54 Ways You can Help the Homeless</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.teleport.com/~ronl/homeless.html">
The Homeless Page</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.nlihc.org">
National Low Income Housing Coalition</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www2.ari.net/home/poverty/">
The Sticky Wicket: Poverty's Home Page</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://csf.colorado.edu/homeless/">
International Homeless Discussion List and Archives at CSF</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.nlchp.org/">
The National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://nch.ari.net/facts.html">
National Coalition for the Homeless</A></B><br>

<B><A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/8519/homeless.html">
Great Speckled Bird Homeless Column</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.way.net/hep/">
Spare Change: New England's Journal of the Streets</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.homeless.org/coh/coh.html#streetsheet">

<B><A HREF="http://www.teleport.com/~bcad/">
The Burnside Cadillac: Portland's Homeless Newspaper
</A></B><br>

<B><A HREF="http://www.speakeasy.org/realchange/arc.home.html">
Real Change: Seattle's Homeless Newspaper</A></B><br>

>From wych@tcd.net Mon Feb  2 17:35:08 1998
>Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 17:34:57 -0800
>To: tedrico@hotmail.com
>From: wych@tcd.net (Virginia Sellner)
>Subject: web pages by homeless people or others in poverty
>
>Did you get this?  I can't remember if you are on HOMELESS at
csf.colorado.

>Virginia

>>Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 11:01:31 -0500
>>Sender: owner-homeless@csf.colorado.edu
>>From: Kate Williams <kate.williams@utoledo.edu>
>>To: HOMELESS DISCUSSION LIST <homeless@csf.colorado.edu>
>>Subject: web pages by homeless people or others in poverty
>>
>>I am working on a very new web site called EndPovertyToledo. It is a
group
>>effort here that really keys off of using high tech to tackle the
problem.
>>As part of this effort I'd like to include in the site a page of links
>>what must be the many web pages created by homeless people, welfare
>>recipients, anyone in poverty.
>>
>>I would really welcome any suggestions or references. And comments on
the
>>site itself are welcome too. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>kate
>>

>>- - - - -
>>
>>http://www.africa.utoledo.edu/poverty/

> Speak only words of truth.
> Speak only of the good qualities of others.
> Be a confidant and carry no tales.
>
> Dhyani Ywahoo,"Voices of our Ancestors, Cherokee teachings from the
Wisdom