Re: Fw: But for those that choose another road, Peace be with you.

Virginia Sellner (wych@tcd.net)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:29:11 -0800

Thanks that below post.  Virginia

At 06:06 PM 2/1/98 -0600, H. C. Covington wrote:

>In the past few days,  there has been much discussion on the agenda of
>*individuals* that post to the ListServ, rather than the solution to the
>problems and opportunities of those we serve in our communities.  We trust
>that the below true story will help bring us back together:
>
>A missionary society was deeply impressed with the courageous devotion of
>David Livingstone, who paved the way for widespread Christianity on the
>continent of Africa.
>
>The society wrote to Livingstone, "Have you found a good road to where you
>are?   If so, we want to send other (wo)men to join you."
>
>Livingstone responded, "If you have (wo)men who will come only if there is
>a good road, I don't want them.   I want (wo)men who will come if there is
>no road at all."
>---------------------------------
>
>So for those that are looking for a good road that may not exist, we
>challenge you to come firmly into the road building business with us in
>your place and time.  The darkness in the Jungle is great, light a candle
>rather than flame your brother or sister chopping at the overgrowth of pain
>and neglect.
>
>But for those that choose another road, Peace be with you.
>
>H. C. Sonny Covington  @  I CAN! America
>427 St. John Street - Lafayette, LA  70501
>(318) 235-7005  Fax 318-234-0953
>318 Indest Street, New Iberia, LA 70563
>(318) 364-6239  Fax 318-367-9141
>hccovington@usa.net
>
>Acadiana Regional Coalition for Homelessness and Housing, Inc.
>427 St. John Street - Lafayette, LA  70501
>(318) 235-3335  Fax 318-234-0953  1-888-425-3335
>ach1@sprynet.com
>
>P.S. In prior centuries, when a messenger brought unwelcome news to the
>camp that could not be disputed, rather than argue against the message
>honestly and openly, they just killed or discredited the Messenger!  Could
>it be that this is still true today?

 Speak only words of truth.
 Speak only of the good qualities of others.
 Be a confidant and carry no tales.

 Dhyani Ywahoo,"Voices of our Ancestors, Cherokee teachings from the Wisdom
Fire".