Re: Hi Everyone

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 07:49:25 -0800 (PST)

NOTE: For ON-LIST REPLIES, erase and RETYPE TO-LINE as: <HPN@aspin.asu.edu>
      (Otherwise, your Replies go only to the person to whose post you reply.)
__________

Well said, Tom Cagle!

Actually, you don't need a "pedegree to speak" on HPN, just the courage to
speak your mind and possibly be misunderstood or flamed.

The resason we created this list for "homeless and ex-homeless people only"
is because most providers and advocates have never been in our shoes; yet
they often speak "for" us and eclipse our concerns - such as civil rights
(an issue which most charities fear to address, because funders may cut
them off).

Here on HPN, we have the right to disagree when we choose to do so.  But I
truly hope that we will find shared aims and act in concert to attain them.
We need unity on aims if we are ever to overcome the prejudice that
oppresses homeless people - and which similarly oppresses all "out groups"
that are systematically denied life, liberty and opportunity.

May you have all you need, Tom.--Tom Boland

TO JOIN  <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/join.html> or email Tom <wgcp@earthlink.net>