Fw: Regulation strategies for encouraging the development of affordable housing

H. C. Covington (rdc01@sprynet.com)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 05:33:55 -0600

H. C. Sonny Covington  +AEA-  I CAN+ACE- America
427 St. John Street - Lafayette, LA  70501
(318) 235-7005  Fax 318-234-0953

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Mickler +ADw-amickler+AEA-PACLINK.COM+AD4-
Date: Saturday, January 31, 1998 8:26 PM
Subject: Regulation strategies for encouraging the development of
affordable housing

I am looking for examples of innovative regulation/ programs that city
planners have implemented to encourage the develop affordable housing.  I
am on a city-wide affordable housing committee who is charged with the task
of recommending planning strategies to the local planning department, city
council members, and planning commissioners.  We are looking at both
multifamily and single family housing types.  Has anyone tried a +ACI-fast
tracking+ACI- process of plan review or reduction in permit or impact fees?
How effect was the method and did it stem development?

Thanks,

Angela Mickler
City of Vancouver, Washington
amickler+AEA-paclink.com