TENT CITY MONTREAL 17-26 Dec NEEDS BLANKETS, SUPPORTERS etc. !

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:00:01 -0800 (PST)

FWD [Can anyone post this En Francais?]  PLEASE CIRCULATE

Subject: (act-mtl) XMAS TENT CITY IN MONTREAL NEEDS BLANKETS !
From: Lorraine <satori@pubnix.net>
Date: 1999/12/20
Newsgroups: alt.activism.d

                     NEED HELP...BLANKETS, MITTENS, FOOD

     The Homeless Tent City 1999 is a  refugee camp in down-town
Montreal, which will be held from 17  December  to Dec.26.The  camp can
lodge 100 people, we are ready to give 3 meals per day and give away
free clothing.

  : The Tent City  Emergency State 1999 will take  place on the corner
of Bleury  and Rene-LÈvesque, west side heading north just below St.
catherine.

    Please take the time to visit us.......because it is with you that
the camp exists and breathes. As of today Sunday Dec. 20 we need
BLANKETS, MITTENS, COFFEEE, MILK, WATER, HOT CHOCOLATE.

   We always need help serving meals...........7 am:
Breakfast..........Lunch & Supper

     Several artists joined together with us to  make  the camp a
living  place of   uncommon exchange and mutual  aid for the Homeless of
Montreal. Every evening at 19h30   there will be a show.
     StÈphane Crete, FranÁois  Gourd,  the choral society & various
films.

     The Museum of Contemporary  Art and the Canadian Armed  Forces did
not cease supporting
     us and deployed their manpower  to assemble the camp as  planned on
he corner of     Rene-LÈvesque and Bleury.
    ,
    All are all at our sides to make Tent city  99 an event of
solidarity.

     Our collaborators

       Canadian Armed Forces
       The Museum of Contemporary art
       The town of Montreal
       The Manufacture of low Iris
       Value Village
       Clowns without borders
       The Circus du Soliel
       Coralie
       Dummies Theatre
       Creon Production
       Gallery Oboro
       Gallery Articulates
       Copy Ressources
       Tonic Spa Show
       Wild Publicity
       Old Brewery Mission
       Very Smart Pop Restaurant
       Montreal Harvest
       The House of the Father
       See
       4 X Four
       Megatron
       Gerard VanHoutte
       S.T.C.V.Q.
       Empress
       Paramount decor
       Hiring Turbot
       Roop Post Production
       Hiring Michel Trudel

     THANK YOU WITH:
       Thiery Poitras
       Pascal Maeder
       Beatrice and her  Parents
       FranÁois Gourd
       Suzanne Harel
       StÈphane Crete
       Luc Raymond
       James Schidlowsky
       Jean Babin
       Humberto
       Andre Keilani
       Herve Turck
       Luc SÈnÈcal
       KimThibodeault
       Genevieve Legault
       Attila Bertalan
       Maryse Carrier
       Marie-JosÈe LÈvesque

Info: http://concordia.pirg.ca/activist

research		        education        	           action
Q u e b e c   P u b l i c   I n t e r e s t   R e s e a r c h   G r o u p
    			at Concordia University

(end of original message)

You can view this message and the related discussion by following this link:
http://www.deja.com/dnquery.xp?search=thread&svcclass=dnserver&recnum=%3c83kdec$
dga$1@dipsy.missouri.edu%3e%231/1

END FORWARD

HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn>
7,000+ POSTS by or via homeless & ex-homeless people