Re: Homeless Are Impoverished and Ill, Survey Finds

Sandy Andrews (sandra@asu.edu)
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:34:35 -0700 (MST)

There are some frustrating things about this article. One is that 12,000
service providers but only 4,000 homeless clients were interviewed.
Another is that the study is actually set up to serve the needs of the
providers: it is from the survey of providers that the conclusion is
drawn that people moved to permanent housing "when they received the
services they needed, including housing subsidies, health care,
substance-abuse treatment, education and job training." I would like to
see the study itself & see if I came to the same conclusions as the
writer of the article.

Sandy