Re: Homeless fear police sweeps during WTO summit in Seattle,

Thomas Cagle (nh-adapt@juno.com)
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:18:13 -0500

Hi Bill,
Most civil disobedience actions use some kind of theater to act as a
focus. Rigatoni tossing is no different from ADAPT showing up with
hundreds of people in wheelchairs.

You are right in your unspoken question of "is this group trained in
civil disobedience". Something most groups do not devote enough time on.

My read from here is that the inevitable has happened the numbers of
protesters has reached enough bulk-numbers that nothing short of violence
on the part of the security groups (read police, W-SPD, Nat'l Guard) will
move them. Casualties will result. Change may also be the result.

To type that old phrase one more time, "No Justice, No Peace!"

Tom C