Fw: how many real homeless here?

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 04:34:04 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Claremont Shelter, SCHC <scshelter@cyberportal.net>
To: HOMELESS DISCUSSION LIST <homeless@csf.colorado.edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 24, 1997 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: how many real homeless here?

Tell me about the response you get.  I was once forced into homelessness.
That is how I got involved volunteering and then started working with
people
to help them get on their feet.  I am curious about the response you get
because I want to know if this is a direction to point people toward if
they
want to communicate about their situation:  Including training on
Discussion
groups w/ Internet training.

Many here in NH are oblivious to the 'Net' and the tool or medium it is.
Actually, I find that even the system I work in, "case managers", "NH Job
Training", etc.,... consider our guests to be below a teachable level or of
such a destructive nature as not to want to take a chance on unsupervised
machinery.  It is a hard road.

Jacob