Re: NCH and the Amarican Homeless Society

Virginia Sellner (wych@tcd.net)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 14:20:13 -0800

You tell them girl --  You know WB Anitra is speaking from first hand
experience -- she has questioned people whe were questioning her and SHARE,
she responds, she explains it like it is -- she does not avoid anything or
any one, and because of that frequently people begin to understand and
change view points, or at the very least they will be willing to agree to
disagree, and still be able to work together.  She does not demand that they
come to her viewpoint -- she only asks that they work together on what they
can work together on (or at least that is the way I have read things).  AHS
is not willing to do that -- you have to come to their viewpoint totally or
not be involved.  They seem to think that they have the only war on
homelessness -- or that they are the only ones who can do this and everyone
must join them -- why don't they join the rest of us?

Virginia

At 02:09 PM 12/26/97 -0800, Anitra Again wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Wandering Bear wrote:
>
>> disagreement.the issue at hand is one of them.Im not accuseing N.C.H. or
>> S.H.A.R.E. of being "poverty pimps".
>>  I am Asking that they join Homeless Revolution and American Homeless
>> Socety in condeming "Poverty Pimps" and refuseing to be involved with
>> them.
>
>This is one of the problems i have with the way you phrase things,
>Wandering Bear.  To me, it takes less courage to "refuse to be
>involved with them" than to *confront* such people and deal with them
>openly.
>
>Are you really advocating stayiong leagues away from anybody who is
>not treating the homeless fairly, and never confronting them?
>
>Also, quite frankly, I feel that if you had any true interest in
>SHATE's stand on "pverty pimps", or that of anyone else on this list,
>you would have learned it by now by listening to the discussions.
>
>_________
>WRITE ON!
>~~ Anitra
>http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/projects.html for a full list of websites
>and webrings because if I list them all here, you will be SO mad at me ...

Virginia D. Sellner - Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless, P. O. Box 1232,
Cheyenne, WY 82003-1232,   email:  wych@tcd.net.    URL:
http://www.tcd.net/~wych