Re: NCH and the Amarican Homeless Society

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 14:09:31 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Wandering Bear wrote:

> disagreement.the issue at hand is one of them.Im not accuseing N.C.H. or
> S.H.A.R.E. of being "poverty pimps".
>  I am Asking that they join Homeless Revolution and American Homeless
> Socety in condeming "Poverty Pimps" and refuseing to be involved with
> them.

This is one of the problems i have with the way you phrase things,
Wandering Bear.  To me, it takes less courage to "refuse to be
involved with them" than to *confront* such people and deal with them
openly.

Are you really advocating stayiong leagues away from anybody who is
not treating the homeless fairly, and never confronting them?

Also, quite frankly, I feel that if you had any true interest in
SHATE's stand on "pverty pimps", or that of anyone else on this list,
you would have learned it by now by listening to the discussions.

_________
WRITE ON!
~~ Anitra
http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/projects.html for a full list of websites
and webrings because if I list them all here, you will be SO mad at me ...