Re: Fwd: Happy Kwanzaa!

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:05:39 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, ROSAPHILIA wrote:

> i still don't get what tripod is. but it seems like a commercial
> come-on to me.  please don't send me anymore tripod stuff. the page
> was too convoluted and not finished and frankly smells like a
> pyramid scheme.

1) You are not the only one on this email list.  Things sent to the
list are not aimed at you personally.  If you don't like something,
use your delete key.

2) Morgan's card was a handmade personal Christmas/Kwanzaa greeting
card.  So it wasn't fancy and professional.  It was personal,
heartfelt and warm.
	Do you sneer at everyone who makes you something, because it
doesn't look slick enough for you?

3) Tripod is one of the leading providers of free websites, used by a
great many of us who cannot afford to pay for webspace.  Tripod pays
for itself by selling advertising space -- like you get "free" TV by
watching advertizing, you get "free" webspace by watching advertizing.

4) Morgan's page on Tripod is her personal publication, not a
commercial enterprise of any sort.  Her Kwanzaa card was a personal
greeting card to her friends, delivered in a non-traditional -- but
increasingly popular -- manner.
	Calling it a "pyramid scheme" smells like a severe disjunction
from reality.

_________
WRITE ON!
~~ Anitra
http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/projects.html for a full list of websites
and webrings because if I list them all here, you will be SO mad at me ...

~~ and the majority of them are on free servers, that show advertising