Re: Fw: If -- by Rudyard Kipling

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 12:37:47 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Tom Boland wrote:

> >> Can we convince the unconvinced that cooperation work wonders?  How?--Tom
> >
> >Anti-testosterone therapy?
>
> Anitra, you may be on to something!  The cutthroat crowd does seem to be,
> if not exclusively male, at least male dominated.  Who knows if it's nature
> or nurture?  I wish our books and flowers could defend us from their guns.

Tom, i've seen several females who reminded me of rams during
head-butting season.  I've remarked before that the situation between
LIHI and SHARE could be improved by giving both Sharon Lee and Scott
Morrow anti-testosterone therapy.

> As to Kipling, he was a a pawn of empire and a condescending elitist.  But
> he sure knew how to write riveting tales and poems, and the British mases
> loved him because he spoke in the commoner's tongue.  His poems remind me
> of those of Cananda's Robert Service, whose verse so lovingly chronocled
> the colorful characters of the Klondyke gold rush.

And Kipling is a grand favorite among sf and fantansy fans and
writers.  have you read any of his outright fantasy, like The
Brushwood Boy, or Them?  He had a very tender, insightful side.

> Write on, Anitra.--Tom, wannabe poet from Slummerville, Mass.

Where would literature be without all us new wannabe's all the time? :)
There is no truth that cannot be turned into a lie if you just ::
take it seriously enough. ~~ There is no lie that won't become ::
more dangerous if you just take it a little more seriously. ~~ ::
			  ~~ WRITE ON! ~~ Anitra L. Freeman ~~ ::
anitra@speakeasy.org             http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra