Re: nh-adapt: Re: NH-PID #2

Bruce D. Burleson (anvil@tiac.net)
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:11:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Thomas Cagle wrote:

>  As some of your writers have allready pointed out, institutional care is
> as homless as a body can get. Well, If PID (physician instigated
> death)-PAS (physician assisted suicide) were ever to become the law of
> the land. Things could get real tough real fast for a number folks with
> any number of disabilities.

Well, I think that people need to have the *choice* to call on
Kevorkian or someone like him if they wish.  I think the thing to do is
not to fight *against* PAS, but to fight *for* the social services that
are being placed on the chopping block.  I.e. health care, services for
the elderly.  To argue against PAS, IMO, is a retreatist strategy.

:) Bruce Burleson