Re: Labels

P. Myers (mpwr@u.washington.edu)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:17:21 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Tom, and I would add:  critically *interrogate that diversity:  it's
origin; who benefits; who defines and how goods are limited and dispensed
differentially as a function of perceived differentnesses...self-defined
diversity is fundamental to the celebration you espouse, below.

collapse the language of fear of difference into a use of the politics of
difference; learning to speak across differences is what hpn is all about
for me...the personal as political...different and yet welcome in this
diverse community.

Pat Myers