Re: New addresses and a new ring

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:35:29 -0800 (PST)

> On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Bev Thornton wrote:
>
> > look for free webspace, free webmail, other stuff too:
> >
> > http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~maxlee/FWPReview

I checked it out -- *great* resource!  Just in time -- I'm compiling a
list of webguides at the RCHSB site, and I despaired of tracking
down all the free webpage providers.  I don't have to! :)  I just put
a link to the FWPReview site.

And I was just complaining about the SHARE address -- I found out at
the FWP site about a service called bounce.to -- for a few extra
seconds in access time, yor visitors can enter a *short* address and
get re-routed to www.wherever.the.blazes.you.are/

You can now use the following short addresses, that will stay the same
no matter what server changes we make:

SHARE
	http://bounce.to/SHARE

WHEEL
	http://bounce.to/WHEEL

StreetWrites
	http://bounce.to/SW

The Q Campaign
	http://bounce.to/Q

StreetLife Gallery
	http://bounce.to/SLG

I even got one myself --
	http://bounce.to/ALF

(Now doesn't that call up visions! :)

> > http://members.tripod.com/~Veb/index.htm

I checked out your page too, Bev -- oy! you're going to keep me busy!
:)  lot of stuff -- I've only checked out a little bit so far -- I'll
be back.  Do you have a guestbook?  I didn't spot it.

BTW: I have one new page at my personal site -- i finally got some of
my art online.  http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/paper.html
(One disadvantage to the 'bounce' service -- it only works for one
page. You can't say "http://bounce.to/ALF/paper.html")

There is no truth that cannot be turned into a lie if you just ::
take it seriously enough. ~~ There is no lie that won't become ::
more dangerous if you just take it a little more seriously. ~~ ::
			  ~~ WRITE ON! ~~ Anitra L. Freeman ~~ ::
anitra@speakeasy.org             http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra