Re: I like it

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:37:57 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Bonnie Briggs wrote:

> Bonnie Briggs
> Hi Anitra,
>   I just took another look at my Homeles page. I like what you did with
> the background. it looks even more like rain now, which is what it is
> supposed to be. Thanks, Anitra.

Bonnie, I have a bizarre confession to make -- I must have been even
more zoned-out during that period than I thought, because I have only
the vaguest memory of working on your page!  I can't remember in
detail *what* I did -- it looks like I optimized your gif (the picture
you tile to make the background) in order to make it load faster, and
it incidentally enhanced the rain effect.  I can figure out what I
must have done -- but for the life of me I can't remember doing it!

I used to get very scared and upset when I noticed things I did that
were like my mother.  Mom experienced this kind of thing -- she would
have no memory whatsoever of events that we all went through, even
just a few days later.

Maybe i ought to be upset.  What I'm thinking is, "be aware that this
can happen -- make careful notes the next time you do something
technical, and trust the other people around you for a reality check
-- your memory *can* fail."

I know I must have put that "surf" line in, so I guess I must have
done the rest of it, too.  I'm just glad it came out well!
There is no truth that cannot be turned into a lie if you just ::
take it seriously enough. ~~ There is no lie that won't become ::
more dangerous if you just take it a little more seriously. ~~ ::
			  ~~ WRITE ON! ~~ Anitra L. Freeman ~~ ::
anitra@speakeasy.org             http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra