Re: homeless activist's journal

Donald Bokor (boko7751@uidaho.edu)
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 11:49:20 -0800 (PST)

Dear Virginia,

I know how you feel but I am worried by this attitude.  Let me explain.

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Virginia Sellner wrote:

> And P. S. to you to -- this is the last post that I intend to waste time and
> energy posting to or about you -- I should be lucky enough to have the
> restraint that others on this list have as they have chosen to ignore you --
> not worth the effort, and now I see they are right.  Bye.  Virginia

I believe in a thing that I call the information theory of love.  What
this means to me is that communication is the basis of love.  Once you
start to close yourself off to listening and talking to others then you
are on the road to hating those others.  I think you know all too well the
feeling that you get when you go to a homeless service provider and get a
deaf ear to your problem (or when your parents or lover ignores you).
This is what I mean when I talk about communication being the basis of
love.  I think that Danial has a problem, and he is expressing that
problem when he attacks Tom unfairly.  But we must help Daniel with his
problem, and the first way to doing that is to love (listen to and
understand) him.  I am sure that given a loving and caring environment
from the group, Daniel will in the future develop a helpful attitude and
be quite able to make significant contributions to our work.

Just my two cents worth.

Peace and Love Always (All Ways),
Donald W. Bokor