Re: craft program

Bonnie Briggs (s248_1132@hotmail.com)
Wed, 03 Dec 1997 08:36:02 PST

>From hpn-owner@aspin.asu.edu Wed Dec  3 06:26:00 1997
>Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 06:24:36 -0800 (PST)
>From: "g. Nelson" <colleen@aa.net>
>To: HPN Network <hpn@aspin.asu.edu>
>Subject: Re: craft program
>Sender: owner-hpn@aspin.asu.edu
>
>On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Liberty wrote:
>
>> Bonnie,
>>
>> At 12:48 PM 26/11/97 PST, Bonnie Briggs wrote:
>>
>> >  The members of my drop-in, The Meeting Place do that. We have a
store
>> >on the front of the drop-in Where hand-made items are sold. There is
>> >stained glass workshop in the basement of the The Meeting Place
where
>> >window hangings and other stained glass items are produced. They are
>> >then sold in the store.
>> >  There is also, in Toronto, a store called "Prezents Of Mind". This
>> >store is run by psychiatric survivors and the items sold in the
store
>> >are made by psychiatric survivors.
>>
>> As long as these "stores" do not become another form of sheltered
>> workshop, where only a few folks get real jobs - others live off the
>> crumbs.  People need opportunities to escape poverty, not continue
it.

>Liberty,
>Why do you put "stores" in quotes?
>I have no difficulty with your final sentence but are you aware of how
>much hostility you convey in expressing your opinions?
>
>Gwen Nelson

Bonnie Briggs
Hi Gwen,
  Right on! I read Liberty's post and decided I wasn't going to dignify
it with a response. These are stores in every sense of the word. Liberty
lives in Toronto, why doesn't she come and check them out for herself?
Thanks for the support, Gwen.
Bonnie

http://wwww.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/4149

s248_1132@hotmail.com