Re: homeless activist's journal

Virginia Sellner (wych@tcd.net)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:41:39 -0800

Gwen, thanks for saying those things for Tom, the list and to Daniel.  We do
need some answers here.  I have never been able to understand why people
stay on lists they do not like -- why can't they find another list and or
start one of their own?  I do not believe this is the first time that Mr.
Myers has pulled this kind of nonsense.  I guess he is insecure enough that
the only thing he can do is attack other people.

Virginia

At 08:34 PM 12/2/97 -0800, g. Nelson wrote:

>> At 07:32 PM 12/2/97 -0800, Daniel Myers wrote:
>> >
>> >The list is marketed to be open to homeless people.  If Tom wants to
>> >make it a private list for the homeless who either you or he selects,
>> >then he should market it as such.
>
>This list is "marketed" to be a forum for homeless and formerly homeless
>people. To the best of my knowledge, Tom has never denied anyone who fits
>those descriptions access to the list.
>Were he "marketing" the list, we would be consumers. In reality, he has
>generously donated his time and effort and provided us with a free
>service. You are responding by harassing him and for what? I mean, what
>possible reason can you have for treating Tom and the list in this manner?
>

>> >As far as vendettas are concerned, speak for yourself.  You don't even
>> >know me.
>> >

>What we know is what you write. Because we care about Tom and the list and
>you seem quite hostile towards both and noone is clear about the reasons
>for your anger, we quite naturally are feeling both protective and
>offended. So, Daniel, what is *wrong*?
>
>Gwen Nelson

Virginia D. Sellner
Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless