Re: homeless activist's journal

g. Nelson (colleen@aa.net)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:34:51 -0800 (PST)

> At 07:32 PM 12/2/97 -0800, Daniel Myers wrote:
> >
> >The list is marketed to be open to homeless people.  If Tom wants to
> >make it a private list for the homeless who either you or he selects,
> >then he should market it as such.

This list is "marketed" to be a forum for homeless and formerly homeless
people. To the best of my knowledge, Tom has never denied anyone who fits
those descriptions access to the list.
Were he "marketing" the list, we would be consumers. In reality, he has
generously donated his time and effort and provided us with a free
service. You are responding by harassing him and for what? I mean, what
possible reason can you have for treating Tom and the list in this manner?

> >As far as vendettas are concerned, speak for yourself.  You don't even
> >know me.

What we know is what you write. Because we care about Tom and the list and
you seem quite hostile towards both and noone is clear about the reasons
for your anger, we quite naturally are feeling both protective and
offended. So, Daniel, what is *wrong*?

Gwen Nelson