Re: Psych. label bible mocked in London Times

Donald Bokor (boko7751@uidaho.edu)
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:31:06 -0800 (PST)

Dear Anitra,

You hit the nail right on the head.

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Anitra Again wrote:

> Anitra's One Great Conspiracy Theory:
> 	The paranoids are out to get us ALL!

Check this out.  I haven't written this logical argument yet, but I think
there might be something to it.  It is a criticism of the necessity for
government, religious or secular.

I am suggesting that the government founders are paranoid, because the
reason that we need government is because of the "inherent" sinful or
violent nature of humans.  That is, for example, since "original" sin
mankind has of necessity required a government to regulate their behavior,
or as Adam Smith suggested to prevent the "war of all against all."  Of
course, if huamns are inherently evil then it is necessary to have
institutions that teach people to be good and to prevent people from doing
bad.  These organizations are based on the paranoia that people are as
their assumption states incapable of doing good on their own.  Now
remember that this is just an assumption, or as I like to call it a
justification for interfering with others' lives, but this assumption when
held up to all as the truth and enforced through education does of course
make people believe in the assumption and causes them to want to do bad.
"But I can't he'p because it is he-man nature!"

Well, I for one reject that assumption.  I believe that hate has to be
taught, as well as greed and all other actions that people do to harm one
another and the earth.  I believe that if we stop teaching hate and giving
hate, then people will express their true nature and that is to give and
express compassion and love.  Now you may not believe that human nature is
a loving nature, and I don't blame you for that belief, but it does
explain why you must so dogmatically look to centralized systems outside
of yourself to provide the control of your own actions, as well as the
opportunity to support yourself, that you cannot find within.

Now why do I say that the government founders are paranoid?  Are they
afraid that they will be hurt by these "evil" people if they are allowed
to "run amock?"  I don't think so.  Rather, they are afraid that if these
people were to discover their true worth and abilities, then the governors
would have to get their hands dirty like the rest of humanity.  If this
happened then they would lose their sense of superiority over all others,
and be faced with their own individual weakness and hate.  They are afraid
that, since inside they know that they are going to hell, they will not
get the rewards of heaven for eternity so they must get their pleasure now
at any cost.

I don't know.  How does this argument work?  Does it make sense that if we
assume that people are inherently good and can govern themselves, and if
we help them to realize their inherent goodness and self-governing
capabilities, that people will indeed live in harmony and find ways to
improve everybody's life conditions?  I just don't know.  It's not what I
learned in school and it's not what my parents and authorities told me,
but it feels right to me.  How can I make this argument clearer and more
elegant?  Help me, please.

Donald W. Bokor