RE:Psych. label bible mocked in London Times

Bruce D. Burleson (anvil@tiac.net)
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:09:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Liberty wrote:

> >And I think Marx called it "alienation."  The capitalists won't admit
> >it, but Marx was right about a lot of things, the theory of alienation
> >being one of them.
>
> But Marx also said the state will whither away, leading the world to
> a situation where there will be no need for laws, as people will
> "naturally" be good to each other and not rob each other.  I don't see
> much of that happening.  Marx also proposed a violent revolution to
> overthrow capitalism.  I think that is what Stalin did, and why this
> type of method of solving human problems is so wrong.

You are making the common error, of equating Lenin with Stalin.  The
two aren't the same.

But why am I writing this anyway; it's obvious I'm talking to the
wrong class here.  I need to spend this time talking to workers.
No offense intended, of course.

> By the way, did you know that Karl Marx was financially supported by
> Frederich Engels, whose family was among the wealthiest of capitalists
> at the time?  It is one thing to be an idealist, and quite another to ...

So?  What has that got to do with the ideas that the two of them
assembled, from years of observing capitalism and the workers' movement?

:) Bruce