Re: Future of Tedrico's Page

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:05:57 PDT

Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Subject: Re: Future of Tedrico's Page
>

>Tedrico, I think your best bargaining point at this time is that you
were
>*not consulted* before Xoom's decision to bar you.  It's an unethical
abuse
>of authority, since the accused has a right to speak in their own
defense,
>and try to resolve a conflict via negotiation before final actions are
>decided.

TOM AGREE AND HAVE INLCUDED YOUR SUGGESTION AS MY #1 TERM IN MY RESPONSE
BACk TO THAT PATHETIC RESPONSE BRUCE GAVE!

>I note that Xoom's reply to your supporters' complaints does not state
that
>your site is barred forever.  So perhaps the best aims for supporters
is to
>press for Xoom to *CONSULT with you to RESOLVE the trademark dispute,
then
>RESTORE your site.*

I AGREE WITH YOU THERE AS WELL TOM!

>Has Xoom ever conferred with you about any concerns they or others have
>about your site content?  Have they told you *exactly* what trademark
you
>violated and how?

XOOM HAS NEVER EXPRESSED ANY CONCERNS ABOUT MY SITE, HELL THEY RARELY
HAVE EVER RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY 13 "Server Is Down" EMAILS OVER THE
PAST 5 MONTHS! NO THEY HAVE NOT TOLD ME WHAT THE TRADEMARK VIOLATION IS
BUT AS I HAVE SEEN AND YOU TOO IF YOU CLICKED ON THOSE ATTACHED LINKS IN
MY INTIAL E-MAIL PRIOR TO 1am MONDAY MORNING, WAS "MP3" AS THE REASON
FOR PURGING MY SITE. OF COURSE I HAD NO "MP3"'s ON TEDRICO'S PAGE SO I
ASSUME THEY CHECKED IT ONLY BECAUSE THEY HAD TO CHECK SOMETHING BEOFR
PERFORMING THE ACTION!

>Do you have a *backup copy* of what was on your site?  If not, does
Xoom?
>If they do, perhaps we supporters can at least *get Xoom to send you
your
>own text and code for your site*.

I HAVE TEDRICO'S PAGE, AREALLES CERAMICS, AND 6 CLIENT WEB SITES ALL ON
MY HARD DRIVE AND 17 3 1/2" FLOPPIES, BUT I'M NOT PUTTING THE SITE UP
ANYWHERE UNTIL I FIND OUT WHY EXACTLY I WAS PURGED AND IF I DID HAVE
SOME VIOLATION ON THE SITE, I DON'T WANT ANY NEW ISP'S PULLING THE SAME
STUNT IF THE SAME SUPPOSED COMPLAINANT HAPPENS TO RUN ACROSS TEDRICO'S
PAGE UNDER NEW WEBHOSTING. ALSO, I HAVE TO REDESIGN THE SITE, IN ORDER
TO OUT PROMOTE MY DEAD XOOM URLs AND MY PREVIOUS DEAD METROCITY URLS. IT
TOOK ME 3 MONTHS TO GET TEDRICO'S PAGE BACK WHERE IT WAS WHEN METROCITY
WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, AND I ESTIMATE IT WILL TAKE 5 TO 6 MONTHS FOR ME
TO GET TEDRICO'S PAGE BACK TO WHERE IT WAS PROMOTIONWISE PRIOR TO XOOM
DELETING THE SITE. REDESIGN OF THE WEBSITE IS ALWAYS A CONSEQUENCE OF
CHANGING URLS WITHOUT REFERER PAGES AND NOW I'M SURE YOU CAN SEE WHY I'M
SO PISSED CAUSE THAT MAKES TWICE THAT I'VE BEEN FORCE TO RELOCATE
WITHOUT REFERER PAGES!!

>Tedrico, these are just my thoughts, and there may be indeed be flaws
in my
>reasoning or the steps I propose.  I welcome your and others' comments
on
>how to win your aims here, Tedrico.

TOM THANKS AND BASED ON WHAT XOOM SAYS THE NEXT TIME THEY MAKE A
STATEMENT, I WILL INFORM YOU OF HOW YOU MAY HELP ME TO BURY THERE ASSES!