Did XOOM even stop to think about the Homeless People?

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:32:11 PDT

Dear Xoom,

    I received your reply below Friday afternoon. I was expecting one
directed to me and not to whomever Joey is. I'm very disappointed in
XOOM! Tedrico's Page has been down for 60 hours now!! Did XOOM even stop
to think about the Homeless People? HELL NO!! That's why my e-mail boxes
are loaded down with "Where is Tedrico's Page" messages. You didn't
contact me before you deleted my site and you haven't respond to any of
my e-mails. The lawsuit won't be a mere threat anymore if I don't hear
from you by the time you've walked in your office Monday morning and
checked your e-mail. And to think I supported and helped promote your
services to my many site visitors and all throughout my newsletters
which reaches thousands bi-weekly. Is this the thanks I get? Whatever
problem that existed on Tedrico's Page could have instantaneously been
remove, resolved, or whatever, from just a simple e-mail from you
telling me what needs to be done. But instead, you delete an important,
much needed, and highly used resource tool for the homeless without so
much as a warning and still no explaination as to why!

    What about the Homeless People who surf the net in the public
libraries in hopes of finding local helpful resources in between morning
shelter closings, noon time soup kitchen feedings, and evening
shelter/mission checkins & signups. Did you not think about these
people? They walk right past your door in the Tenderloin district of San
Francisco, everyday enroute to St. Anthony's and Glide and GAP and the
various drop-in centers that surround the building you operate out of. I
use to panhandle across the street from you. And Tedrico's Page even
offers something for the Panhandlers!! I've contacted my lawyer and
around noon time Monday, if I haven't heard from you and Tedrico's Page
is not restored, then I'll see you IN COURT!!! I'm a peaceful person and
would normally write less antagonistic and crude letters, but you guys
were highly antagonistic and crude by deleting one of the most important
Homelessness Resource Link website on the WWW without saying one word
... NOT 'ONE' SINGLE WORD!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

"http://master.xoom.com/Actions/lockouts/x-ray/tedrico"
>>"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.0; Windows NT)"
>>
>>host048.xoom.com - - [30/Jul/1998:18:03:10 +0000] "GET /index.html
>>HTTP/1.0" 200 54 "JavaScriptTurnedOff" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
>>4.0; Windows NT)"
>>
>>host048.xoom.com - - [30/Jul/1998:18:03:20 +0000] "GET /survey.html
>>HTTP/1.0" 200 54 "userTypedInURL" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.0;
>>Windows NT)"
>>
>>     which when I checked to see where the referring URL led to it
took
>>me to this page:
>>
>>http://master.xoom.com/Actions/lockouts/x-ray/tedrico
>>
>>     which had the following information listed on it:
>>
>>/usr/local/www/htdocs/t/e/tedrico
>>
>>x-ray: 2:No such file or directory on line 11
>>openDir("$PATH");
>>x-ray: No current directory pointer - call opendir() first on line 12
>>$FILE = readdir();
>>
>>     So when I began to back track to the root I stumbled across a
LOCK