Tedrico's Page needs You!!!

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 17:43:34 PDT

Dear HPN Members,

     Tedrico's Page was wrongly removed from cyberspace on 7/30/98
around 6PM, by its web hosting service, XOOM. XOOM made no attempt to
warn me before deleting Tedrico's Page and never contacted me after this
action was carried out. But Tedrico is no dummy, and after 2 hours of
server log back tracking and sniffing around their Administrative
Command area, I found that an order was carried out to first lock out
user access to Tedrico's Page, and then shortly after an order was
issued to completely purge the entire directory that Tedrico's Page
resides in and to remove all FTP access to the server.

     All of this occured 10 hours before I found out. After digging
deeper into the Administrative Actions area I found that the supposed
reason for this sudden drop of Tedrico's Page from XOOM's server, was
... the use of MP3's ... which refers to the various browsing MIDI music
that you've been hearing on Tedrico's Page pages since it's Grand
Opening on the WWW back in Nov. '97.

     I immediately wrote 4 letters to both the XOOM webmaster
<webmaster@xoom.com> and their ABUSE dept. <abuse@xoom.com> and received
what appears to be a reply yesterday, although it clearly was not
intended for me to see. This reply and one of the original letters I
wrote are included in this letter below. Their reply clearly shows FOUL
PLAY and I won't allow them to get away with this, even if I have to sue
them.

     YOU CAN HELP TEDRICO'S PAGE by writing to XOOM at
<webamster@xoom.com> and <abuse@xoom.com> and telling them who you are,
your organization or business groups's name, and what Tedrico's Page
means to you, as well as, how you feel Tedrico's Page has helped the
homeless through its existance in cyberspace! And don't be shy about
giving them a piece of your mind while you're writing because we all
know that ISPs and Web Hosting Services take pay offs like any other
faction of big business on and offline, and I'm sure that was ultimately
what prompted the sudden deletion of Tedrico's Page! Also, If you can
CC: a copy of your letter to XOOM back to me at <tedrico@hotmail.com> ,
I'd appreciate it :)

Thank You For Your Support!

Tedrico Latham

TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
JOIN Tedrico's Page in the "CAMPAIGN AGAINST XOOM"!
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (252)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>