Re: An Idea...

Homeless Action Coalition (hac@efn.org)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 06:03:49 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BE8EE1.63B5D7C0

Hi Remona, I'm Tom Musselwhite from Eugene and the newspaper 'oIkos.  =
Our site is nothing super, and is never very up todate.  You could check =
us out at http://www.efn.org/~pro_eco=20

Anitra of RealChange up in Seattle has done an exceptionally incredible =
job with the web stuff up there.  Last I heard she was blaming it on the =
manic phase of bi-polar condition (hope she's got lot's of meds.) (Also =
hope nobody is offended by my twisted humor).

I haven't heard much from you guys since Sharon left and you =
reorganized, although we get your paper sent to us and it is looking =
great.

I think your idea for linking up with a commercial interest like a =
bookstore as you described is a good idea.  (considering the potential =
of the WWW and the information/educational value of the reviews).

Talk about low budget, We down here at HAC work on about the same budget =
as Tom Boland was describing although we have been able to supplement =
that somewhat with some small grants over the years,  ($500.-$2500.)

Last week at the Oregon Coalition on Housing and Homelessness training =
conference I was very honored to receive this year's "Ma" Curtis Award.  =
It is a nice looking placque and a friend of mine even managed to get =
pictures.  My latest attempt at page building is =
http://www.efn.org/~pro_eco/award which has photo's and a story about me =
getting the award and HAC's current agenda. It is a very rough jewel at =
this point and mostly an experiment.

Otherwise I wish you fame, wealth, and fortune as you perceive that to =
be. =20

Au Revoir, "boney fingeres" in Eugene

----- Original Message -----=20