Re: I got an Award!

mail.ids.net (homey@ids.net)
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 00:53:35 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BE8DEC.E20C2E80

Congrats Bonnie,
Nice to hear that folks appreciate your hard work!!!

Catalina

-----Original Message-----
From: Bonnie Briggs <s248_1132@hotmail.com>
To: hpn@aspin.asu.edu <hpn@aspin.asu.edu>
Cc: da336@freenet.toronto.on.ca <da336@freenet.toronto.on.ca>; =
rive-r@netcom.ca <rive-r@netcom.ca>; gv@interlog.com <gv@interlog.com>; =
gapka_gp@yahoo.com <gapka_gp@yahoo.com>; gordon98@mailexcite.com =
<gordon98@mailexcite.com>; Dizienor@hotmail.com <Dizienor@hotmail.com>; =
tenants@axionet.com <tenants@axionet.com>; together@home.com =
<together@home.com>; clodger@hotmail.com <clodger@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999 7:19 PM
Subject: I got an Award!

                           General=20
            Hi gang,
            Hey guess what? I got an Award last night! I, along with =
some other=20
            anti-poverty workers was honoured with certificates and cash =
last=20
            night at an awards dinner. Here is what the certificate =
says.
           =20
            "Rittenhouse-CAW Awards
           =20
            Honouring=20
            The=20
            Marinalized
           =20
            April 21st, 1999
           =20
            Bonnie Briggs
           =20
            In deep respect for your tireless advocacy for the =
homeless.Your=20
            indefatigable work to get a homeless memorial in Nathan =
Phillip's=20
            Square is a monument in itself to to a spirit that will not =
go away,=20
            because your cause is just. Your website and your theatre =
work testify=20
            also to a committed life that builds the kind of community =
which=20
            honours us all."=20
           =20
            Pretty cool, eh? I got the certificate, $50.00, a chocolate =
bar, and=20
            a candle. I was not expecting it at all. It was a nice =
surprise. It=20
            was also cool to see some of my friends being honoured too. =
You should=20
            have heard the applause and the cheers that went up when my =
name was=20
            called. My award was the first one to be handed out. I have =
to go, I'm=20
            leaving soon to go home.=20
            Bonnie
            =20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BE8DEC.E20C2E80

Congrats Bonnie,
Nice to hear = that folks=20 appreciate your hard work!!!

Catalina

-----Original = Message-----