Re: Social Assistance Challenge for all sitting MLA's

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:47:57 -0700 (PDT)

The MLA that took the challenge was Emory Barnes. And he actually applied
and took welfare for 2 months.
At the end of it, he said, "he was totally digusted with the welfare
system and beleived they should raise the rates to at least poverty level
to allow people at least some dignity." I think that is what he said.
I will send a copy of this email to Val Anderson, Liberal MLA for
Vancouver-Langara. He is the Official Opposition Critic for Human
Resources and see if something can be set up with the Ministry of Social
Services for this proposal

  Leslie Schentag
  Gremlin Research Consultants
  Web Site: http://firms.findlaw.com/gremlinz
  Fax #: 1-978-334-2586

  Myautomail: http://www.myautomail.com/auto2011.htm

  "When Freedom Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Be Free"
					-F.T.W. Productions, 1992.

 "It is better to die on your feet than live a lifetime on your knees"
					-Emiliano Zapata