Re: Social Assistance Challenge for all sitting MLA's

Leslie Schentag (wy497@victoria.tc.ca)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

I think there should be another challenge sent out to all the sitting
MLA's in B.C..
The challenge..
That each and every sitting MLA in the BC Legislature. At the first of
June, 1999, get up in the morning, collect all the basic identification,
leave their wallets and credit cards at home, the keys for their houses
and cars. Walk down to the local wegare office and make an application for
social assistance.
Go through the same procedure that everyone else has to go through when
appying for social assistance.
Take the assistance checks and try to survive for al least 2 months on
welfare using only the monies they recieved from Human Resources and other
agencies dealing with the poor.
They are not to use any of the resources they have from bank accounts or
any other sources they may have access to.

Let us see exactly what kind of concern these politicians have for the
people of a lower economic status than they are.
I would like to know if any of these politicians have the nerve to walk a
mile in my shoes and survive on $540.00 a month.
Please forward my suggestion to ALL ANTY-POVERTY groups in BC and Canada,
and let's put some pressure on these people.

  Leslie Schentag
  Gremlin Research Consultants
  Web Site: http://firms.findlaw.com/gremlinz
  Fax #: 1-978-334-2586

  Myautomail: http://www.myautomail.com/auto2011.htm

  "When Freedom Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Be Free"
					-F.T.W. Productions, 1992.

 "It is better to die on your feet than live a lifetime on your knees"
					-Emiliano Zapata