Re: Disabled can't afford housing, report shows: USA

Thomas Cagle (nh-adapt@juno.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:17:05 -0400

This  article has some sleepers in it for the uninformed. I say sleepers
as it only partly address' people with mobility disabilities and just
about side steps folks with psych DX. It also has one more sleeper
burried in it's words. Many of the "standard" beds--homes it counts as
only too expensive are in fact institutional beds, So not only does it
take every nickel you have access to  live there, you gotta be locked up
for the privilege.

JMHO
Tom C

On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 17:32:49 -0700 (PDT) Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>
writes:
>FWD  Business Wire - April 06, 1999
>
>     NEW REPORT SHOWS
>     AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES
>     CAN'T AFFORD DECENT HOUSING
>
>WASHINGTON, D.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 6, 1999--Americans with
>disabilities face a shortage of affordable housing, often forcing them
>to accept substandard dwellings.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]