Re: Community wins at homelessness symposium in Toronto FWD

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@idirect.com)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:26:31 -0500

Tom Boland wrote:

> FWD  CC Replies to author: "Michael Shapcott" <mshapcot@web.net>
>
> For more information on the TDRC [Toronto Disaster Relief Committee],
> its disaster declaration and the One Percent Solution campaign,
> visit the TDRC website at < HTTP://www.tao.ca/~tdrc >.
>
>      Sat, 27 Mar 1999
>
>      COMMUNITY WINS BIG AT NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
>
> The following is a personal report from Michael Shapcott on the National
> Symposium on Housing and Homeless on March 25 and 26 in Toronto, Ontario,
> Canada..

Activist/psychiatric survivor Pat Capponi has a somewhat different take on what
took place at City Hall last week... to read her account in the April 1 issue of
NOW Magazine go to <http://www.now.com/issues/current/News/city2.html>

Personally I think Mike Shapcott was being overly optimistic.
Graeme Bacque <gbacque@idirect.com>
<http://webhome.idirect.com/~gbacque/gbacque.html>
People Against Coercive Treatment
<http://www.tao.ca/~pact>