Re: Robert Gould OBIT/opposed forced hospitalization of

Liberty (liberty@vaxxine.com)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 01:04:40 -0400

At 05:53 PM 20/04/1998 -0700, Tom Boland wrote:

>A tireless champion for gays, hippies, convicts and the homeless, Gould
>died Wednesday at the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York, said his
>wife, the novelist Lois Gould. He had lived in Manhattan.

No comment, other than the fact that we all need our champions.

I continue to live a life that is highly berated, stigmatized and
attacked in many angles, although not necessarily understandably so.
Political correctness has hurt my freedom of speech by many moves,
and for me to speak out in many instances, expressing with candor, is
more dangerous for me than simply an academic exercise as it once was.

When I used to write my newspaper column, I was threatened frequently
in my home, crank telephone calls, a bomb threat at the office, Nazi
symbols painted on my door, staff threatened with the same (especially
one who was alone in the office at the time), etc.  I still have
nightmares about this, even three years later.

But, as they say, it's c'est la vie pour moi, and tant pis pour ils/elles.

Liberty (Libby)
- liberty@vaxxine.com (still in a raving mania)