Re: Homeless

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 20:54:26 PDT

Recca,

   Personally, I believe the increase in private organizations helping
to care for the homeless, is due to the "increased visiblity" of
homelessness. With welfare reform taking its toll on the "already
homeless" and those who are "about to be homeless", more people are
being seen begging on street corners and sleeping on the concrete in
front of downtown businesses and park benches on a greatly increased
level! You know the saying, "If you can't see it, don't worry about it"!
Well, now the heads of the private sectors see the homelessness, and for
whatever purpose (recognition, profit, etc.), they see an opportunity in
extending their hands to fill the needs homeless individuals. But again,
that's my opinion! I think you can find all you need for your research
paper, through following the links from the URLs listed below:

http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/help.html
http://www.davlin.net/users/dthorpe/MCCLUNG.htm

   Good luck, and keep me informed of your progress :)

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (919)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

>Rebecca Soltero <REB821@aol.com> wrote:
>
>Hi my name is Rebecca Soltero and I am writing a research paper on the
homeless.  I currently work at Mt. Calvary Missionary Church on
thursdays feeding the homeless.  The focus of my reseach is on why it is
the private opganizations that are beginning to pick up the slack more
and more, in terms of takeing care of the homeless.  In Tucson, alone
there are several private organizations that reach out to the homeless.
If you have any information that you could send me regarding these
issues that would be wonderful.  Thanks for your time