Fw: Wisconsin Welfare Reform Conference

H. C. Covington (ach1@sprynet.com)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 09:02:19 -0500

H. C. Sonny Covington  @  I CAN! America
427 St. John Street - Lafayette, LA  70501
(318) 235-7005  Fax 318-234-0953
-----Original Message-----
From: Virginia Carlson <vcarlson@csd.uwm.edu>
To: WELFAREM-L@AMERICAN.EDU <WELFAREM-L@AMERICAN.EDU>
Date: Saturday, April 18, 1998 7:36 AM
Subject: Wisconsin Welfare Reform Conference

I wanted to announce that the Center for Urban Initiatives and Research at
the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee will be hosting a conference titled
Welfare Reform in Wisconsin: What Have We Learned So Far?

Scholars from around the state and nationally will be speaking, including
Jason DeParle and Peter Edelman from a national perspective; and Mark
Courtney (UW-Madison Institute for Research on Poverty) and Barbara
Notestein (WI State Assembly) from the local perspective.

Sessions include:
        W-2 Research: What have we learned so far?
        Labor Market Implications for W-2
        Barriers to Employment: Child Care and Transportation
        The Impact of Welfare Reform on Housing Opportunities

The complete conference brochure and registration information can be
gotten from their website at www.uwm.edu/Dept/CUIR/.

Hope to see you there,

Virginia Carlson
Assistant Professor