Re: Community Policing & Law Enforcement - FWD via H.C. Sonny

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:55:12 PDT

Tom,

   As Virgina's email signature says, "You Speak Only Words of Truth",
as usually :)

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
P.O. Box 514 Rich Square, NC 27869 (919)539-4228
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Tedrico, you have such a kind and respectful tone when you "beg to
differ"
>on Community Policing.  If we can speak from a place of caring and
sharing,
>no difference can deter us from what we _can_ agree on and act on
together.

>Why do I believe this, despite having been kicked some in my time?
Because
>I have tasted - among  friends, at Food Not Bombs and at Rainbow
Gatherings

Tedrico Latham <tedrico@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Graeme,
>>
>>    I wouldn't be surprised if that was just how it was in your
>>community, and I agree that that is how it is in a majority of
>>communities nationwide! However, I can say that i have personally
>>witnessed effective "Community policing" in some of the principal
>>southern cities, where the police or deputized policing organization
>>members, have bent over backwards to not only, protect the safety of
>>those on the streets, but offer assistance and in somecases, "a couple
>>of bucks out of their own pockets" to try and help some of the "law
>>abiding" homeless citizens of the community! Augusta, GA; Columbia,
SC;